Affiliate links are used on this website. If you make purchases after clicking on one of the links on Growing Up Greens, I will make a small percentage of the sale (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep Growing Up Greens running and helps support our family–win, win! To see our full disclosure click here.
With three growing kids we are constantly going through groceries and paper goods, and living in Hawaii means that our groceries cost a small fortune, so I’m always looking for the best deal on everything. Sam’s has been a huge blessing on our family–we can buy all the groceries and household goods we need (in bigger quantities) at a lower price (per unit), and there is grocery pick up available so you don’t even have to go inside!
So here are my top five ways to save money on groceries by shopping at Sam’s Club:
- Meat- Sam’s always has the best prices on meat; everything from steaks to ground beef to chicken, when you need to stock up on meat for your family’s dinners this is the place to go, friends. Plus they have AMAZING rotisserie chickens for less than $5, one of my favorite things to do is buy a couple of Rotisserie Chickens and pull all the meat off to use for all sorts of dishes.
- Eggs- I don’t know why Eggs have gotten so pricy lately (around $4 a dozen at my target), but they absolutely cost less at Sam’s. I usually go for the 5 dozen pack (because Karter wants eggs every. single. morning.) for about $8.50, but you can also get an 18 pk. for about $2.50
- Bacon- The price of bacon has just seriously gotten ridiculous, so I ONLY buy our bacon from Sam’s, you can get a 4lb. pack of the microwave bacon from Hormel for about $10.
- Toilet Paper + Paper Towels- If you are cool with bringing home a huge amount of rolls, you can also save a HUGE amount of money on paper goods.
- Milk- My 9 year old, Kolt, is a serious cereal fiend–as in would eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner plus a couple of snacks, so we go through at least 3-4 gallons of milk a week and that can really add up (especially when Hawaii prices means it’s always $5+ a gallon) so just by buying our milk at Sam’s we save a ton.
There is a ton of things I will only buy at Sam’s Club, but there’s just too many to share.
$45 Sam’s Club Membership Package
- One-Year Sam’s Club Savings membership
- One complimentary spouse or other household member
- Apparel Savings Package: 20% off up to five apparel items
- $5 gift card
- $100 off Diamond Jewelry purchase of $1000 or more
- Welcome Package (up to $100 value)
- Free Member’s Mark Rotisserie Chicken | Limit 1
- Free Member’s Mark 12-count Sandwich Croissant | Limit 1
- Free Member’s Mark 36-count Yeast Dinner Rolls | Limit 1
- and more!